About Winwood Children’s Center, Reston, Virginia
Once voted the “7th Best Place to Live in America” by CNN Money, the Northern Virginia town of Reston has much to offer: cultural and historical activities in nearby Washington D.C., scenic beauty and recreation at Lake Fairfax Park, and a close-knit community founded on ideals that promise a high quality of life to all of its citizens.
Reston’s children first learn many of these principles when they begin their scholastic journey at Winwood Children’s Center, Reston.The children of Reston enjoy a truly unique and lovely community, and that same experience extends to the cozy preschool classrooms and cheery playgrounds of Winwood Children’s Center.
Each day, our preschool’s experienced, credentialed teachers work closely with students, engaging them with fun and developmentally stimulating activities, as well as ensuring that they meet the needs of each child in their care.
We have even figured out how to make sure infants and toddlers can communicate their needs before they have full command of language via Baby Signs, a program that utilizes American Sign Language (ASL) to help little ones avoid the frustration of not being able to tell caregivers when they are hot, cold, tired, or hungry.
Our Preschool Programs Offered:
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). Our daycare’s loving professionals work closely with you to develop an ideal schedule for your little one in our infant daycare program.
- Toddler Childcare (ages 1 to 2). In our toddler childcare program, our caring teachers guide toddlers as they explore the world around them, learning skills like socialization, potty training, and more.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). At Winwood Children’s Center, Reston, our early childhood learners enjoy learning communication and language skills, as well as ways to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our experienced early childhood educators offer stimulating educational activities in math, science, computers, language, and social studies in this program.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). In our Pre-K program, children experience educational lessons and activities that prepare them for success in their elementary school years.
- After School Care (ages 5 to 12). Our after school program offers support for students whose parents are at work.
- Summer Camp (ages 5 to 12). Our Summer Camp is a great way to keep your elementary school children engaged and having fun during the summer months.
At Winwood Children’s Center in Reston, Virginia, we believe children’s early experiences shape their aptitudes and attitudes for the rest of their lives, so we strive to make these first years some of their best.
What Makes Our Preschool Learning Center in Reston, Virginia Unique
Winwood Children’s Center, Reston has over 30dedicated teachers who have their CDA credential, Associate, or Bachelor’s degrees. Our daycare’s staff members truly commit to providing children with the best possible start to learning.
In addition, our children confidently enter kindergarten already knowing the standards taught in elementary school. Many of our teachers have been with our early childhood learning center for years, and their loyalty helps us create the home-like atmosphere that we enjoy sharing with our families.
Many of our staff members have children of our own, so we know how difficult it is to leave your child in the care of people you do not know. For this reason, we strongly believe in our open door policy, as well as the many other various forms of communication we offer. Our daily sheets, bi-monthly progress reports, and developmental checklists, as well as our regular newsletters, ensure that we are working together concerning every aspect of your child’s development.
In fact, we are all about community at Winwood Children’s Center. We encourage attendance at monthly family events, including our annual Halloween parade, holiday parties, winter book fair, and other celebrations that allow parents the opportunity to get to know one another better and to build a relationship with the children and teachers.
More About Our Childcare Center
Our preschool and childcare center is located at 1841 Explorer Street in Reston, Virginia, 20190, at the corner of New Dominion Parkway and Explorer Street. We are close to the Reston Town Center, Harris Teeter, and Best Buy.
We provide transportation from Lake Anne Elementary School and Aldrin Elementary School to our After School program.
Come by and see us a Winwood Children’s Center in Reston, Virginia. Schedule a visit today!