About Winwood Children’s Center, Leesburg, Virginia
The quaint, little town of Leesburg, Virginia is a great place to live and to raise a family. Brimming with history and only 33 miles northwest of the nation’s cultural center, Washington, D.C., Leesburg is surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of Catoctin Mountain and the Potomac River. We simply could not think of a better area to grow up than Leesburg, or a greater place to start learning about our exciting world than Winwood Children’s Center, Leesburg!
Parents that send their kids to our early childhood learning center enjoy peace of mind knowing their children are receiving quality childcare while learning as much as their rapidly developing minds can absorb.
At Winwood Children’s Center in Leesburg, Virginia, we offer lower teacher-to-child ratios and interactive, age-appropriate learning centers within each bright classroom of our beautiful two-story facility. Our preschool students enjoy rotating curriculum themes, including Spanish, Sign Language, Music, and Fitness.
Our expansive, age-specific playgrounds, state-of-the-art computer lab with SMART Board technology, and homemade meals for students truly set us apart from other centers.
Our Childcare & Preschool Education Programs
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). Our team of warm, nurturing teachers works hand-in-hand with parents to establish or continue an optimal schedule for your infant.
- Toddler Childcare (ages 1 to 2). In this childcare program, caring professionals guide toddlers through developmental skills, such as socialization, potty training, and much more.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). At Winwood Children’s Center, Leesburg, we offer lessons and activities to our early childhood students that enhance their communication and language skills and encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our Preschool program offers through-provoking lessons in language, math, science, computers, and social studies.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). In this program, Pre-Kindergarten students receive lessons that get them ready to succeed in elementary school.
- Private Kindergarten (ages 5 to 6). Students shine in our private kindergarten program as they learn, explore, and develop in a supportive, fun environment.
- Before and After School Care (ages 5 to 12). This before and aftercare program provides before and after school care and support for students whose parents have to be at work.
- Summer Camp Program (ages 5 to 12). In our summer camp program, kids enjoy fun-filled days exploring, learning, and interacting with peers, including lots of time spent outdoors.
At Winwood Children’s Center, Leesburg, we believe that positive emotional support, cognitive stimulation, and daily exercise are vital to children’s development, helping them build self-esteem and ensuring their success later in school and life. Some of the most significant learning that takes place at our preschool is what children discover about themselves, in addition to the world around them.
What Makes Our Preschool in Leesburg, Virginia unique
We believe that it is important for parents to feel that they have a strong connection to their child’s school and teacher to ensure a powerful home-school relationship.
Because we believe in creating a bond between preschool and home to create a positive environment for children to learn and grow, we host family events each month. These events range from a Chili Cook-Off to Family Movie Nights and monthly Parent’s Night Out, a very popular event!
Our early childhood learning center also focuses on establishing nurturing relationships with our students. Feelings of self-confidence and worth emerge at this young age, and we are passionate about guiding children in positive ways through their very essential early years as they prepare for elementary school.
The majority of our staff holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field, as well as many years of experience. We truly strive to hire the best of the best to care for your little ones.
More About Our Childcare Center
Winwood Children’s Center, Leesburg is conveniently located in the Oaklawn community, only seconds away from the Dulles Greenway. You can find us at the corner of Miller Drive and Battlefield Parkway. Our address is 301 Virginia Wildflower Terrace SE in Leesburg, Virginia, 20175.
We proudly serve the communities of Silver Oaks, Oaklawn, Courtland, Kincaid, and Tavistock. For your convenience, we offer bus service to and from four local elementary schools as part of our Before and After School program, including Cool Spring, Evergreen Mills, Sycolin Creek, and Leesburg Elementary.
Come by and see us a Winwood Children’s Center in Leesburg, Virginia.
Schedule a visit today!