About Winwood Children’s Center, Fairfax
Bursting with history, arts, and culture, the city of Fairfax, Virginia is a fascinating place to visit, and, according to Forbes, “one of the best places to live in the country.” An excellent school system is one of the main reasons Fairfax received this honor, and many of city’s best and brightest students get their early start at Winwood Children’s Center, Fairfax.
Our school is NECPA accredited and we have designed our preschool’s curriculum to strengthen and broaden the emerging intellects of our students. In addition to daily Language Arts, Art, Science, and Math small group projects, our early childhood education center offers a STARs program in which children enjoy weekly lessons in music, sign language, Spanish, and art, as well as a monthly exercise program.
Winwood Children’s Center, Fairfax kids love our state-of-the-art computer lab, especially learning computer skills through fun, yet challenging activities on our SMARTboard. Our big kids get plenty of exercise and time with friends during ballet and soccer time.
Our preschool offers an outstanding Before and After School Care program for Greenbriar East Elementary, Greenbriar West Elementary, Waples Mill Elementary, and Navy Elementary. We also provide enriching child care for teacher training days, snow days, and winter, spring, and summer break.
Our Preschool & Child Care Programs
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). In this infant daycare program, our child care staff provide stimulating, fun learning exercises to help your little one develop a strong foundation for his or her mental, emotional, and social upbringing.
- Toddler Childcare (ages 1 to 2). Our caring teachers provide an abundance of art, joyous music, and exploratory adventures in supervised, secure environments in this childcare program.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). In this early childhood education program, teachers guide and nurture children with activities that focus on the basics of education and the development of positive life habits.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). At Winwood Children’s Center, Fairfax, we make the most of this stage of development by incorporating activities that stimulate the physical as well as the socio-emotional and cognitive capabilities of students.
- Junior Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). This kindergarten program prepares your child with lessons in independent learning, and mastering gross and fine motor skills.
- School Age Program (ages 5 to 12). Our specialized staff is here to ensure that your child is occupied in the company of friends when you have to work.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12). At Winwood Children’s Center, Fairfax, our bright, cheerful staff lead kids on engaging educational adventures that stimulate their learning and keep their bodies in great shape throughout the summer months.
At Winwood Children’s Center, Fairfax, we believe children learn best through play, so we have developed a unique curriculum to ensure they are smiling and every discovery-filled day.
What Makes Our Preschool in Fairfax, Virginia Unique
We strive to keep you involved with your child’s day through a culture that fosters communication and community. In the classrooms for infants and toddlers, our caregivers send you regular updates about your child’s day. We send our preschool parents bi-weekly progress reports, and teachers for all classrooms send home a monthly newsletter and twice-a-year developmental assessment. In addition, our open-door policy and web camera keep parents continuously connected. We even have a Kid Report App if you prefer real-time updates!
Our preschool learning center has more than 30 amazing, dedicated teachers with over 110 years of combined experience. The majority of our teachers are CPR- and First Aid-certified and many have their CDA, Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degrees.
More About Our Preschool Learning Center
Our preschool learning center is located at 12301 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway in Fairfax, Virginia, 22033. You can find us at the corner of Route 50 and West Ox Road, directly across the street from the Harris Teeter Shopping Center. Our early childhood education center is close to the housing communities of Penderbrook and Fair Ridge.
Come by and see us a Winwood Children’s Center in Fairfax, Virginia. Schedule a visit today!
Interested in Contacting Us?
Address & Directions
12301 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway
Fairfax, VA 22033
Directly across the street from the Harris Teeter Shopping Center!
HoursMonday - Friday
7:00am - 6:00pm