About Winwood Children’s Center
Colorfully decorated classrooms and warm, caring teachers at Winwood Children’s Center, Ashburn, welcome children every morning. Throughout the school day, students learn about nature and science in our signature “Growing Up Wild” and “Lego Engineering” programs; distant lands and languages in our Spanish program; and, melodies and dance in our music program.
Our early childhood education center’s lush lawns and bright, colorful playgrounds beckon to children at break time, allowing them to stretch their growing bodies, explore their vivid imaginations, and socialize with friends.
NAYEC Accreditation: We Go Above and Beyond
Accreditation is a mark of excellence that is awarded by an independent, third-party organization (NAEYC) when a preschool center proves that it continuously maintains high standards of quality in early childhood education and care. For families, that mark of excellence has real meaning. A preschool center goes through a rigorous evaluation process to ensure it meets standards of excellence that go above and beyond the state’s minimum licensing requirements to earn accreditation.
What does this mean? Accreditation means that an early childhood education center is meeting high national standards in teaching strategies, curriculum, assessment of children’s learning, health and safety, developing relationships with families, community involvement, administration, and teacher qualifications. To maintain our accredited status, we must continually demonstrate these standards in early childhood education and care.
The bottom line: accreditation fosters a culture of reflection and continuous improvement.Less than 10 percent of all child care centers, preschools, and kindergartens nationally achieve this recognition.So we are very proud of our program and most of all, of our teachers!
Winwood Children’s Center, Ashburn operates under the philosophy that we treat children with warmth and respect. We make it a priority to surround the children at our preschool and childcare center with experiences that foster physical, social, academic, emotional, and cognitive growth.
Our Preschool & Childcare Programs
Because we understand that infants and toddlers can become frustrated when they are not yet able to verbally articulate all of their needs and emotions, we teach them American Sign Language (ASL) in our Baby Signs program.
We offer the following programs:
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). In this infant daycare program, we work closely with parents to develop a smooth and optimal schedule for little ones for peace of mind all around.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). This theme-based toddler daycare program teaches everything from socialization to potty training as your toddler explores the world.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). We introduce kids to behaviors and activities that develop their communication and language skills, encourage a lifelong love of reading, and help them develop a healthy lifestyle in this early childhood education program.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Preschoolers at Winwood Children’s Center in Ashburn, Virginia receive a major advantage with exciting lessons in science, math, computers, language, and social studies.
- Morning Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our Morning Preschool program offers a half-day version of our full-day Preschool program (see description above).
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). In this Pre-K program, our educators prepare your child for a successful future by immersing them in an all-inclusive course featuring computer lessons, confidence teachings, and instruction in Spanish.
- Private Kindergarten (ages 5 to 6). Children shine in our private kindergarten program! We prioritize academic readiness in a fun, supportive atmosphere, getting kids ready to succeed in elementary school.
- After Kindergarten (ages 5 to 6). The after kindergarten program at Winwood Children’s Center in Ashburn, VA provides an enjoyable, safe environment for kids to have fun.
- Before & After School Care (ages 5 to 12). Our early childhood education center’s before and after care program offers full support for your child while you work.
- Summer Camp Program (ages 5 to 12). Our center’s summer program promotes fun-filled days spent learning, socializing, exploring nature, and engaging in the community.
What Makes Our Preschool Learning Center in Ashburn, Virginia Unique
The educational background and experience of our experienced teachers and the size of the classrooms are essential to the quality of our preschool programs.
Acquiring competent, productive, and forward-looking teachers is key to ensuring our children are receiving the best early education possible. To that end, we provide extensive training, as well as growth incentives to help our teachers and staff discover and reach their true potential, as well as that of their students. Plus, the small student-to-teacher ratios in our classrooms allow us to build a close rapport with the children and their families.
Our dedication to our students’ scholastic success does not stop when the school bell rings. Because studies show that many children spend countless hours a day watching TV and playing video games, as well as much time alone while parents are at work, we offer a warm, enriching, and fun place for Winwood and local elementary school students to come before and after school.
During these morning and afternoon hours, we encourage extended academic learning to help improve grades. We are also proud to keep children safe, which benefits working families and has a positive effect on the entire community. We encourage not only their academic development but also their participation in team sports by sponsoring numerous local youth teams.
More About Our Preschool & Childcare Center
Winwood Children’s Center, Ashburn is located at 43244 Hay Road in Ashburn, VA 20147. We are located at the corner of Claiborne Parkway and Hay Road. We proudly serve the neighborhoods of Ashburn Farms, Belmont, and Broadlands, as well as the cities of Broadlands and Brambleton.
Families that send their children to our Before and After School program can enjoy free transportation to and from the following elementary schools: Sanders Corner, Mill Run, Newton Lee, Cedar Lane, Belmont Station, Rosa Lee Carter, Hillside, Creighton Corner, Ashburn, Cedar Lane, and Dominion Trail.
Come by and see us at Winwood Children’s Center in Ashburn, VA. Schedule a visit today!
Address & Directions
43244 Hay Rd
Ashburn, VA 20147
At the intersection of Claiborne Pkwy and Hay Rd. Across the street from Stone Bridge High School and next to the Ashburn Library.
HoursMonday - Friday
6:30am - 6:30pm