Lifelong Learning Starts With Infant Care
In the first year of life, babies develop a basic sense of self and others, form attachments, and learn to speak their first words—a most important time for development. As a parent, you no doubt desire to witness these magical milestones. Our partnership, as your infant care provider, is designed with this in mind. Our infant care professionals write and send daily reports on your child’s learning experiences and activities, and send pictures of their most priceless moments. We also work closely with you, the parent, to develop a smooth and optimal schedule. At Winwood Children’s Center, our nursery meets rigorous state and federal safety standards for peace of mind all around.
Our Infant Care Program Stimulates Your Little One’s Brain and Body
Studies have shown that 82% percent of the brain forms during the first three years of life. With this in mind, Winwood Children’s Center has developed activities and individualized child care programming that support cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical growth.
Cognitive: Our programs support infants’ natural mental development at this age, which includes: the ability to recognize familiar objects, exploring the world around them through the five senses, eliciting responses from those around them, and using mirror neurons to replicate the actions of others.
Socio-Emotional: By registering and expressing emotions, infants undergo significant socio-emotional growth. At Winwood Children’s Center, we support and enhance these skills, which have been shown to drastically improve learning abilities as well as attention spans.
Physical: At this age, children learn to extend their arms, grasp things, roll over, and crawl. They can also become comfortable with the habits of having their hands washed and being dressed. Our friendly staff makes sure that your child remains safe and comfortable while expanding his or her physical experiences.
Our Infant Development Activities Include:
- Baby Signs®: All of our infant care professionals are trained in Baby Signs®, the original sign language for infants. We teach infants how to communicate hunger, unease, whether they are too hot or too cold, and tiredness through this simple system. The babies seem to love it! Once they get a hang of it, Baby Signs® consistently improves emotional development while reducing frustrating pout-and-wail sessions.
- Playtime: Infants love to play with toys! Our supply of regularly sanitized, safe toys improves hand-eye coordination as well as visual tracking and gross and fine motor skills in infants.
• Safety First: Safety is the number-one priority at Winwood Children’s Center. Our nursery meets the top federal and state infant safety regulations, as do our equipment and toys.
• Attentive Talking: As they listen to, observe, and interact with the world around them, infants come into a new level of understanding. We promote a healthy exchange of facial expressions, sounds, and words, which helps with the growth of the infantile brain.
• Story Time: In a similar fashion, having books read aloud stimulates early literacy development and prequels an understanding of language. The infant care specialists at Winwood Children’s Center read to the babies every day to support this development.
• Rhyming & Singing: Music is known to improve the cognitive skills of developing brains. Our professionals sing to the babies at Winwood Children’s Center throughout the day, which also seems to improve their moods!
• Rocking & Cuddling: We know that one of the most effective methods to positively impact an infant’s socio-emotional development is to encourage physical contact through rocking and cuddling. Here at Winwood, we treat your children as if they were our own!
*Programs and activities may vary by school and may be subject to change without notice. Please contact your local school for additional information on school-specific programs and activities.